Friday, October 9, 2009

Home Sweet Home.......almost!

I am about to make the biggest purchase of my life. We've put a lot of thought and prayer into it. I think it's the right thing to do. I think. How do you ever know what God's will is for your life? I figured we'd put forth effort into buying a house and if we notice any red flags, we'll take the hint that He'd rather us do something else. I know that many paths could be in His will for us. But I think it's smart to keep our eyes open to any red flags He might be throwing up to let us know we may be on the wrong path. Now I'm not talking about hurdles. Problems arising while trying to do something shouldn't automatically qualify us for assuming that God's not happy with what we're doing. I'm talking about obvious things that would be unwise to push past for the goal. Of course there's going to be problems--it's not easy buying a house...or selecting one for that matter. Hey I think those hurdles are what He uses to make sure we want what we're after enough--they help to build character. And so far, no red flags. So I guess we'll just keep moving forward one hurdle at a time. eek!

No comments: